It is estimated that head injuries cause about 1,000 worker deaths a year. This course explores causes of head injuries including falling objects, bumping head against fixed objects (such as exposed pipes or beams), and contact with exposed electrical conductors. Employees will also learn the symptoms of both minor and severe head injuries and ways to prevent injuries by identifying hazards and mitigating risks associated with head injuries.
Addition topics explored in this course are the various grades of hard hats and comparison between hard hats and bump caps and when it is most appropriate to wear each type. Course length: 15 to 20 min
Students who take this course will be able to:
- Define causes of head injury
- List the symptoms of head injuries
- Describe how to protect from head injuries
- List classifications of hard hats
- Differentiate between hard hats and bump caps.