Prior to publishing the FSMA Final Rules, the FDA created the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) that consists of members of the FDA as well as members of academia to write the education program and ensure industry had the understanding and technical knowledge to effectively comply with the FSMA Preventive Controls Final Rule. This includes both the domestic and foreign food industries along with the upcoming rule for Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP).
The FDA’s Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) created this course. It contains a standardized curriculum designed to meet the training requirements under the Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR 117.115) where each facility must have a “Preventive Controls Qualified Individual” to oversee and conduct preparation of the food safety plan, validation of the preventive controls, review of records, and reanalysis of the food safety plan.
The course agenda will include:
- Resources and preliminary steps in developing a food safety plan including GMP’s and other pre-requisite programs
- Hazard Analysis and preventive control determination
- Monitoring preventive controls, verification and validation, and corrective actions/corrections
- Supplier programs and Recall Plans
- Record keeping, and regulatory requirements